Any organization exchanging large volumes of data, requiring quick, efficient file delivery, is unable to achieve acceptable speeds with traditional file transfer methods and has a need for accelerated file transfer. Regardless of the industry, file formats, and parties involved, accelerated file transfer can be beneficial to any organization that is unable to effectively handle its file transfer via methods like FTP or email attachments.
There are certain characteristics that make an organization well-suited for file transfer acceleration solutions, including the following:
- Large File Sizes and Big Data Any organization transferring files with sizes in gigabytes, or big data, on a regular basis will experience the common drawbacks of using traditional methods of file transfer. These issues include lengthy transfer times, failed transfers, or file size limitations preventing transfers. Accelerated file transfer solutions are able to send file sizes in terabytes effectively, and at full line speed.
- Time Sensitive Information In situations where deadlines are critical, such as live broadcast, military updates or medical analysis, organizations often rely on accelerated file transfer to ensure files reach their destination as quickly as possible. File transfer acceleration solutions have built in reliability to ensure files get to where they need to go on time.
- Geographic Dispersion When organizations operate on a global scale, file sharing becomes a logistical concern. Sending files across the country or overseas creates unique challenges for sending files quickly and managing overall transfer activity. File transfer acceleration solutions can act as a central hub to streamline organizational file transfers. They will ensure that global file exchange is fast, simple, and transfers at full line speed regardless of geographic location.
- Remote Locations & Satellite Connections Transferring files, especially large volumes of files, from remote locations or via satellite connections is often a daunting task. Transfers can be lengthy and connections are frequently dropped, further slowing delivery. In this situation, accelerated file transfer solutions are able to make the most of these connection types to quickly send files, while at the same time leveraging built-in reliability features to guarantee files reach their destination.
- Significant Line Speed Investment Installing a high-speed connection for increased IT efficiency is a large investment. Traditional methods of file transfer are often unable to make the most of fast line speeds, and use only a fraction of the connection speed when transferring files. Accelerated file transfer solutions are able to saturate the line, meaning that if a 10 Gbps line is present, transfers are able to take place at full 10 Gbps.